jueves, 25 de mayo de 2017

Mi Jornada hacia la Vida, Día 995, The true COST of Commodities...


Just a few minutes ago I was listening to this interview made by Jack, titled: "A wake up call" in which he speaks about "the true origin of our commodities", meaning how is it that the very clothes that we wear, the food that we eat, the roof over our heads, etc., everything is provided by the system, and yes, you may say that you have "earned it" through your work, your effort, your studies and so on, and I am not saying it isn´t so, but nevertheless this commodities are the result of something that more than "provided" is something that is being "taken", taken from the earth, form the world, from the labor of other people who doesn't have just "the basics", and you know, it is like "literally" many things in this world have to suffer and die for us to just have the kind of life that we have.

And as strange as it may sound, something seemingly unrelated to this just came through my mind, that gave me a pretty hard and direct look of how unaware I am, and the extent to which I have accepted such dying and living of certain things and several forms of abuse to just be able to keep the kind of life that I have.

Just a couple of nights ago, I was walking to my home through the road that I usually take, and something caught my attention, something that was "shinning" in the middle of the road, and I simply couldn´t resist the curiosity of getting close to take a pick and inspecting that strange white object in the floor.

As I got closer and closer I began to realize that it was definitely a bug changing it´s skin, but for my big surprise I also began to realize that the skin that was leaved behind that strange bug, pertain to something very familiar, very disgusting, very ugly to just and simply be turning into something as shinny and as white as the bug that initially got my attention; it was a cockroach leaving the skin as a shell fill of dirt, and mud, and all the sticky and smelly things that it got added to it through it´s lifetime in the city and the sewers...

And of course I couldn´t resist the temptation to get closer and closer, and closer... to be able to take a quick picture of it (picture above), because as I was seeing that repulsive little bug that just as the mechanic tradition and our ideas around and towards it would have compelled anyone to just kill it with a simple, quick and merciless stomp, a little something was also coming to my mind that compelled me to just stare at it´s undeniable secrets behind the "mask" of ugliness that we haven´t been able to see directly...





All of the previous pictures are also cockroaches, different species that have manage to life on several and different conditions and environments..., some of them are so easily comparable to the beauty of  some butterflies, yet, the mind simply begins to deny the fact that this cockroaches are also beautiful, and not only that, the mind would also try and deny this are actually real cockroaches... let´s never forget that a one of the saddest true about this animals is that whenever a cockroach is touched by a human, or gets in contact with us visually or you know, just close enough to scare the shit out of it... the cockroach will always run as fast as she is able to get safe, and immediately, after the danger has gone away, she will begin to clean itself...

To the bad luck of my hypocrisy, just the other night I found two disgusting cockroaches in my backyard, and without a second thought I took the poison/bug killer and gave them a nice spray with it...

I saw them turning over their backs, suffering to their death, moving and shaking their poor little and skinny legs in the most evident of inner desperation's to clean themselves of whatever the sensation of death might be to them (or us, as I don´t really see the difference of the experience of death between a living thing or another, without the apparent size or "importance" that we might gave to them), and I couldn´t stop thinking about the first cockroach that I saw a few nights ago in her precious white and shinny skin, cause I began to wonder: Why did I just killed them instead of taking an empty glass jar as I used to did some months ago to trap them and just take them outside the home? It´s so stupid that strange optimistic logic of those who think that by killing one or a couple you are able to eventually pretend to bring this species to their absolute extinction... What´s the purpose of even killing one, I say, when you deal with one of the most strong, enduring and resisting animals of all time?

I don´t like them, I must admit it, but I am also not able to deny the profound admiration that they inspire me, cause they hold one of the biggest secrets around survival, the true master and teacher of survival, able to adapt to any environment and transform itself to the needs of it´s surroundings.

After killing the poor little bastards, I got back inside my home and I lie down in the couch thinking about what I just did and wondering about the sensation of dying poisoned by something so sticky, so "sweet" in it´s essence (as the poison itself is...) that maybe a sense of burning inside my body, maybe a sense of disorientation, maybe a sense similar to that of dying with pepper spray as we used to do it with our own kind in the 2WW, feeling my organs being pulled out my body in a irrepressible and violent vomit that drowns me from the deepest of my pain...

The cockroach adapts to the environment... they are disgusting not because of themselves, but because the environment we as humans have created and live in within our dirty and disgusting cities and sewers were the cockroach finds nothing but a refugee out of the danger that our madness is for nature itself.

After listening to the interview that I heard a few minutes ago, I took very deeply that point within myself, you know there and just there where we are able and willing and daring to kill and not even question or look in a second thought to what we are just doing to preserve our way of live, our commodities, we don´t like the cockroach because it is a threat to our way of life, to our "clean houses", but if it is so clean our... humanity, why are they trying to get in, in the first place?

It is ironic what you can learn from animals...


Thanks for reading.